Home Inspection Experts
Purchasing a home is one of the biggest financial investments most people ever make in a lifetime, but fear not, ProTec Inspection Services is here to help. With tried-and-true specialty and home inspection services, ProTec will help bring you peace of mind during the buying process. Contact us today at (301) 972-8531 to speak with one of our home inspectors or schedule an inspection online.
Family-owned ProTec Inspection Services has been protecting homes and families since 1986 with high-quality home inspections in Washington, D.C. With over 27,000 inspections completed, ProTec provides customers with peace of mind to move forward with purchasing a home that is safe and secure.
ProTec Inspection Services
Our ASHI and InterNACHI certified home inspectors are trained to identify problem areas and provide guidance on what needs immediate attention. A standard home inspection includes a full evaluation of all of the following:
- Furnace and AC Units
- Water Heater
- Roof and Gutters*
- Kitchen Equipment
- Foundation / Framing
- Grading Landscaping
- Driveways / Sidewalks
- Porches / Decks
- Stairs / Railings
- Fences / Retaining Walls
- Attics / Insulation
- Floors / Walls / Ceilings
- Doors and Windows
- Siding and Trim Electrical System
- Plumbing System
- Basements / Slabs
- Sump Pumps
- Garages / Carports
A typed 20-40 page comprehensive report is provided within 24 hours of the home inspection with pictures of problems along with recommendations to resolve the issues. For even further targeted review, consider bundling this home assessment with our specialty inspections, addressing mold, radon, termites, and more for your Washington D.C. property.
*Inspectors will walk the roof on a case by case basis depending on the pitch and access conditions. If inspectors are not able to physically walk on the roof, they will inspect from the ground using binoculars and from within the attic. All home inspectors are equipped with a 14 ft ladder. A larger ladder may be requested during scheduling for an additional fee.
Luxury Home Specialists
ProTec has been the #1 inspection company for estate homes in the DC Metro Area for the last 30 years. Having unparalleled experience inspecting estate homes, we have positioned ourselves at the top of the industry with the most extraordinary portfolio of properties in the area. We work closely with the industry’s top agents to inspect exclusive estates and unique-builds for their prestigious clientele.
Our extensive experience inspecting large commercial buildings uniquely qualifies us to inspect even the largest of homes with ease. Some may believe that if a licensed inspector knows how to inspect an average, typical home that they are also capable of inspecting any type, size, or age of property. This can be a costly misconception. It is important to choose an inspector whose skill set matches the complexity of the home. Systems commonly found in estate homes are typically more complicated than most inspectors are capable of handling.
Due to the sheer magnitude of these types of properties and the extent to which they are customized, the need for an inspection by a team of luxury home specialists is imperative. Large estate homes can pose a serious challenge to an inspector who does not encounter these unique system designs on a daily basis. ProTec uses the team approach to ensure that larger homes can be broken down into manageable pieces.
New Construction Inspections
for Added Confidence at Each Stage of the Building Process
Be sure to ask about our New Home Package Discount Options!
During a Pre-Drywall Inspection, we are looking for problems that will be hidden once the drywall goes up. Use ProTec’s report as evidence of defects the builder should repair before the insulation and drywall is installed.
What types of problems will my inspector find?
- Damaged, Moldy, or Improperly Cut Lumber
- Improper Supports
- Improper Protection for Pipes and Wires
- Improper Air Seal Up or Fire Stopping
- Inadequately secured or damaged ductwork
- Foundation Damage
- Defective or Missing Materials
- Potential Water Intrusion Areas
Final Walk-Through Inspections
Gain piece-of-mind before moving into your new home! We will be testing and observing the finished product for proper installation and performance.
Refer to ProTec’s report for guidance during your Builder Final Walk-Through. We believe that forewarned is forearmed.
Builder Warranty Inspections
Don’t get stuck with undetected problems that your builder should correct! Call ProTec before your One-Year Builder’s Warranty Expires. Identify defects now with an independent third party inspection that documents problems you’ve encountered since moving in, as well as others you may not yet be aware of.
PreListing inspections can lead to more buyers, better buyers, and more successful sales.
Home inspections take place in 90% or more of home sales today. Conducting the inspection ahead of time and with your choice of inspector provides benefits to you in a number of ways:
- Helps you accurately price your home, reducing time on the market
- Prevents unexpected issues from delaying or derailing a sale later on
- Gives you time to get reasonably priced contractors or make repairs yourself
- Highlights positive aspects of a home for added selling points
- Encourages buyer to waive inspection contingency
- Adds professional documentation to the disclosure statements
- Provides a professional report that helps your home stand out among other properties
Know Before You Show!
Other Types of Home Inspections Available
We offer a wide variety of services to help homeowners, home sellers, and buyers.
Walk & Talk Evaluations– Schedule a one-hour consultation with one of our licensed inspectors to point out any major problems. If you are facing a competitive bidding process and don’t have time for a full inspection, consider this quick check for any potential show-stoppers. Remember, this low-cost option is not a home inspection and does not include a written report, so be sure to bring a camera and notepad.
Re-Checks– Want confirmation that the items negotiated in your contract have been taken care of by the other party? Give our scheduling team a list of items you want re-checked and we will send your inspector back to the property to document whether or not the repairs have been made.
Schedule a Home Inspection Today!
Porch Home Assistant
Move-in with less hassle! The Porch Home Assistant program is free forever from your home inspector ($350/year value). From discounts on handyman services to protecting your family with a smart security system, Porch has helped millions of homeowners ease the pain of moving with their “AAA” for your home service. Tackle your Honey-Do List today with your personal Home Assistant.
$200 Worth of Porch Handyman Coupons!
FREE with every home inspection!
- Hire Movers — Whether you need local or long-distance movers, full packing and unpacking, temporary or permanent storage solutions, our goal is to help make your moving experience seamless and painless.
- Re-Key Locks — How many people have keys to your new home? Start fresh and safe!
- Add Security — Protect your new investment with a smart security system
- Set Up Cable And Internet — Have your entertainment and internet ready for move-in day
- Hang A TV — Prepare for your first movie night at the new place
- Homeowners Insurance — Ensure you get the best rates on insurance with a no-obligation home and auto insurance quote
- Schedule Repairs — Fix any issues with your roof, windows, plumbing, etc.
- Schedule Improvements — Fresh coat of paint, new flooring, window treatments, etc.
What To Expect
- After your home inspection, your personal Home Assistant will contact you to help with your move-in needs.
- Your Home Assistant schedules services for all items on your repair list.
- And, your Home Assistant is there for you any time you need to get maintenance done on your new home.
Use your $200 Worth of Porch Handyman Coupons on Porch services such as:
- Artwork hanging
- Lighting fixture installation
- TV hanging
- Pressure washing
- Window treatments
- Appliance installation
- Lawn care
- Plumbing fixture installation
- Outlets and light switches
- Thermostat installation
- And more…
To schedule a home inspection in Washington D.C., Maryland (including Montgomery County), Northern Virginia (including Fairfax County), or a surrounding area, contact ProTec today at (301) 972-8531. In addition to our residential and specialty inspection services, we also offer commercial building inspections. Browse our helpful resources and reviews to learn more, and schedule an appointment with a certified home inspector today.